Tasting Room Manager (Wine Jobs:
Sales & Marketing)
A San Francisco Based Wine Group
A San Francisco based wine group is looking for an experienced Tasting Room Manager to manage and fully develop its existing two tasting rooms and lead the launch of several new tasting facilities over the next year. Career opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth organization and lead the front-of-house operations at a profitable, high growth organization. We seek fun, outgoing, team-oriented individuals with a wide range of knowledge of the wine and/or hospitality industry with a strong knowledge of winery tasting room operations. Enthusiasm, passion and courtesy are mandatory traits, but also a humble attitude and the desire to teach, learn and above all, leave our guests with a memorable experience.
We are looking for an experienced leader to coach and inspire the Tasting Room team to deliver exceptional guest experiences and build brand ambassadors. Overall purpose of this position includes responsibility for leading Tasting Room operations and supporting daily engagement activities that drive customer loyalty and sales results.
- Develop and successfully manage tasting room sales, wine clubs and front of house operations at our two existing tasting rooms.
- Dramatically increase year over year sales at our two existing tasting rooms.
- Develop effective tasting room operations, sales techniques, and training across facilities.
- Successfully manage the opening of several new tasting facilities over the next year.
- Monitor daily sales goals, visitor volume and revenues through budget and achieve monthly and annual tasting room sales and revenue goals.
- Develop and oversee customer service procedures, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system, safety, and housekeeping. Ensure standard operating procedures are established and maintained.
- Establish a program to promote loyalty to consumers including wine club operations and communication with customers through newsletters, emails and website announcements
- Develop new business through specialized tour and tasting opportunities. Monitor, track effectiveness, and make recommendations for new opportunities or changes.
- Leverage established and foster new relationships and develop programs to promote referrals with local businesses including tour guides, restaurants, hotels, B&Bs, planners, etc., elevating the winery brand and nurturing relationships and creating programs to increase visitors and sales.
- Develop on-site programs and events that promote the winery and brand. This includes collaboration on advertising, promotional handouts, email blasts, distribution of flyers in the community, etc.
- Train employees, employee scheduling, assigning/directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts. Provide staff support for winery special events as needed.
- Train staff on appropriate sales techniques, current wine club promotions, sales techniques and club expectations.
- Manage inventory, purchase orders, invoices, etc. to ensure check and balances.
- Provide leadership, direction and information to staff to foster a productive, efficient and positive work environment. Model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff.
- Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times; ensure that displays of wine and non-wine products in tasting room are attractive and maintained.
- Ensure all necessary supplies for tasting room operation are sourced and purchased.
- Work with Wholesale Sales and Event Managers to ensure maximum team productivity.
- Maintain strong communication with management team related to the tasting room goals and objectives.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in a wine tasting room with the ability to train and develop employees in a retail or relevant environment
- Proven supervisory ability and demonstrated experience managing a direct to consumer, front-of-house wine retail operation
- A strong sales acumen and a commitment to providing the highest standards of customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that includes public speaking, presentation skills, and the ability inspire and collaborate effectively
- Excellent leadership, customer service & selling skills with the ability to train others, monitor their performance and provide constructive feedback
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment and maintain a high level of energy with a forward thinking and creative attitude
- Must have a high level of ability for detail organization, problem solving and personnel management
- Availability to work flexible and varied hours and weekends
- Able to delegate to others to get results
- Able to adjust plan (s) without hesitation
- Open to feedback from multiple sources.
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to manage and maintain all aspects of the Tasting Room and other visitor areas
- Working knowledge of Internet, Windows, Microsoft Office, Point of Sales Systems and standard office equipment
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. High school diploma required. Some college experience preferred
Applicant must be available to work weekends and willing to work in the San Francisco Bay area. Employment contingent on a three month probationary period based on results produced and performance goals met. Candidates will be evaluated and compensated based on your tasting room sales performance. Must be results oriented with a “can-do” and “get it done” attitude. Experience in high-growth, entrepreneurial companies highly desired.
Currently accepting resumes via email with cover letters including salary requirements and at least three references. Please highlight how your background and experience makes you qualified for the position and the results that you produced. Resumes will not be accepted without this information.
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915