Cellar Worker (Wine Jobs:
Vineyards & Cellars )
Cellar Worker - Napa, CA
Our client offers challenge and growth in rapidly changing business and agricultural environments. Exceptional individuals who possess a strong work ethic and a deep commitment to quality will find unique career opportunities combined with an outstanding salary and benefits package. We are currently looking for a Skilled Cellar Worker for our facility in Santa Rosa.
Under the supervision of the Cellar master, this position will perform routine cellar duties.
These duties include but are not limited to the following during pre-harvest, harvest and post-harvest: Required to perform various work assignments, to include racking, pumping, clarifying, filtering and blending of juice and wine
Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operations
Sterilizes casks, tanks, and other equipment related to the production of wine making
During crush, operates crusher and presses, move hoses and equipment, obtain lab samples, make additions to tanks and barrels, weigh trucks, dispose of lees, clean equipment and crush pad
Performs weekend sweep which includes:
-Insure all tank doors are closed with vents & lids down
-Sweeping and hosing down caves if necessary, depending on humidity levels as advised by Cellar Master
-Insure all drains are cleaned
-Check for leaking barrels and missing bungs on barrels
Barrel Racking & Movement
Assists on bottling line
Operate and maintain equipment such as pumps and crush equipment
Forklift operations with barrels and case goods
Follow and observe all safety guidelines for cellar operations
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Must be reliable, possess a good work ethic and have the desire to develop skills to advance in the company.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed particularly during harvest season.
• A minimum of 3-5 years previous winery experience.
• A complete knowledge and skill level to operate all winery equipment.
• 2 years experience in supervising or leading a crew to accomplish multiple tasks.
Please apply via email to: email@example.com.
How To Apply
Email attention to Barbara Wolford at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Working in Wine
1436 Second Street, Suite 307
Napa, CA 94558
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915